Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for statistical purposes.
Statistical information gathered does not constitute “personal data” for the purposes fo Data Protection Law.
When someone visits www.miscarriage.ie we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
Similarly, we use Insights information provided by our social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to collect and report on how people interact with us on social media. This data is anonymised, does not include personal information, and is used to help us improve our use of these channels. We do not use custom audiences or collect leads through social media.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
The following cookies are used on our website:
|_ga||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Links to other websites
You should be aware that:
- Links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement of that website by The Miscarriage Association of Ireland and
- The Miscarriage Association of Ireland is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any other websites to which you find links on this website.